cobaltboatsforum.com
January 16, 2018, 02:30:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Powered by SMF

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Telescoping Ladder  (Read 9513 times)
Speedbug911
Founding Member

« on: March 02, 2010, 01:37:53 PM »

I have a 2004 Cobalt 220 with a swimplatform that the telescoping ladder needs work or replacement.  I have been told that newer models have a different ladder that will not just bolt on the bracket.  Does anybody know where I could buy a older replacement or have the original one worked on.  The problem with the ladder is it does not fully retract when stored and can be too sticky for some swimmers do get it down when in the water.  Any help will be apprieciated. 
dudster
Cobalt Fanatic

Settle for nothing less than a Cobalt

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »

Hi,

We have a 2007 252 with the same ladder.  Same problem as well, I lubricate it about once a month when we do a washdown of the boat.  Seems to help, but is a pain.
Speedbug911
Founding Member

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »

I guess I need to take a look at the ladder and see if there is a fitting for a grease gun.  If that is not the case how are you lubricating the ladder and what are you using?  It has been a long winter and I just can't remember how it is set up. 
dudster
Cobalt Fanatic

Settle for nothing less than a Cobalt

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:14:16 PM »

Sorry 'bout the delay in responding......  On our 07 252, I just extended the ladder, sprayed it with a anti corrosion spray, I'll get the brand on sunday.  I sprayed it like three months ago, no problems.  There is no grease fitting, just spray on the shaft and try to spray inside as best as you can.  I'll post Monday what type I am using.

D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: